Understanding Extended Warranty
Most Vehicles come with 3 years or 60,000 km Bumper to Bumper Warranty that covers you on many aspects of your vehicle. However once you surpass this either in time or km you are now a high pay situation. So dealerships have come up with a way to save you money and worrying. Warranty thats valid at all Ford or Lincoln dealers across Canada & US and transferrable at the end of your term.
Extended Service comes with Various Terms to suit your life style. From years of coverage to km coverage as well as deductables it's all able to be specially designed to suit you the driver. The longest coverage is 8 years or 200,000 km and the highest deductable is $200.00.
What does Extended Warranty Cover?
Your extended warranty covers a vast majority of your vehicle including over 1,000 components. Here is a list of exactly what it covers.
- Engine (All internal Parts)
- Rear Wheel Drive Axel
- Front Wheel Drive Axel
- Front & Rear Suspension
- Air Conditioning & Heating
- High Tech Systems
- Safety Features
What doesn't Extended Warranty Cover?
Your extended warranty will not cover the following things:
- Service adjustments and cleaning
- software upgrades
- lost key or fob
- navigation map media (CD/DVD/memory cards/hard drive)
- batteries of all types and cables
- engine belts
- hoses of all types
- hose clamps & hose seals
- brakes (Front hub,drums,shoes,lining,disc,rotors,pads)
- Manual Transmission clutch disc
- exhaust system (includes catalytic converter)
- lights (Bulbs,sealed beam lamps,LED & HID lamps and headlamps[except when a PremiumCARE Plus! plan has been purchased],fogging of lamp assemblies)
- shock absorbers
- spartk plugs and wires
- wheel balancing
- wheel alignments
- wiper blades
- wheel studs and unauthorized alterations or modifications of the vehicle of any kind.
- Service adjustments
- glass and fixed (non-moving) body parts
- sheet metal
- structural underbody framework
- sideview mirrors (glass and housing)
- water leaks
- wind noise
- wheel studs
- wheel covers and ornaments
- convertible top and bow
- liners and fasteners
- dash pad
- rearview mirror (glass and housing)
- trim and upholstery
You are investing a lot in your vehicle so protecting that investment is in your best interest at the end of the day. For more information please visit our website. www.virdenford.ca